DatePositive.net claims to be UK’s largest dating community designed exclusively for people living with Herpes and STDs. The website incepted in 2006 and is also known to be the most affordable dating community in this part of the world. For as little as £3.99 per month, you have access to a whole lot of features that are available on some of the premium websites in this segment of online dating. If you're looking for a trusted dating community for people living with STDs and herpes, this is the most reasonably priced site in Europe.
Becoming a part of this community
Proclaimed as the largest herpes and STD dating community in the UK, this site is fairly easy to join. However, as the website employs an extensive information gathering process, this would take some time. While this isn't a necessarily bad thing, it consumes a lot of time. Users have the option of hiding their STDs status from other users, which is definitely a handy addition. The website welcomes all kinds of people. So, regardless of whether you're homosexual, bisexual, or straight, you can certainly become a user of this site and connect with hundreds of thousands of users from the United Kingdom.
DatePositive.net has all the features that you'd usually find on more expensive STDs dating sites like positive singles. Here is a list of features on the site that would help you connect with the right audiences. It is worth noting that basic or free membership of this site would restrict you from accessing certain sections of the website. If you wish to unlock them, upgrading is necessary.
▪ Sign up absolutely free of charge, create a profile and add photos as well as videos.
▪ Upgrade your profile to gain unrestricted access to the complete feature set offered by this website.
▪ Find people from all walks of life, thanks to the built-in search features. Upgrading your membership would give access to a larger set of parameters.
▪ Keep a tab on the activities of other users besides tweaking privacy settings to suit your needs.
▪ Add video clips and watch videos that have been shared by other users on the site.
▪ Users are also given the option of adding other users to their favorites list.
▪ DatePositive.net also boasts of one of the largest Blog sections on any herpes and STD dating site available on the site.
▪ Explore the dedicated forum section on the site and participate in discussions with other like – minded people.
▪ Chat rooms give the opportunity to reach out to a larger membership base.
▪ Check out photo galleries of other users to get a better idea of what they look like.
In addition to the desktop version of the site, there is also a mobile site that is accessible at no additional cost. Once you register with this site, you can use all the services from either a desktop or a portable device thereby giving you more flexibility while on the move. However, there is no dedicated app like Hope or MPWH.
Finding a companion
Finding a companion on this site or making friends is very easy. All you'd have to do is visit the search section and tweak the parameters. The search results are displayed in an organized fashion with minimal information. You'd be able to initiate a conversation directly from that page or view complete profile.
Subscription / Upgrading
It goes without saying that you'd have to upgrade your membership in order to access the amazing set of features that the website offers. Standard membership of this site is free but upgrading would give users the ability to exchange emails, use the advanced search, watch videos posted by others and access chat rooms, among others. The lowest subscription option on the site would cost £8.99 for three months. Your subscription wouldn’t be renewed and you'd revert back to being a standard user once the membership is expired.
Safety and Security
Although standard membership wouldn’t give users a lot of privacy settings to play with, premium membership would give you the ability to choose whom you wish to share your personal information with. Apart from this, there aren't many privacy options to explore.
Costing less than £8.99 for a three-month subscription plan, this site is very competitively priced, especially when you see the sheer number of options that has onboard. Communicating with other users is very easy and users can also get in touch with the client support desk in case they have any issues. The profiles contain a lot of detail and give a better idea of whether or not you should approach someone.
All in all, if you're from the UK and are looking to find a partner or make some genuine friends having STDs, this is the place to check out.